Re: [Amps] Titan 425 will not turn on

To: k2xx@swva.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Titan 425 will not turn on
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 13:02:48 -0700
That's right, Joe -- the Molex connector must be fully inserted and inserted correctly. Like most Molex, I don't think it's possible to insert it wrong.

I just looked at the schematic to refresh my memory. That multi-conductor cable carries the power interlock, filaments, the 28V DC supply, and 120VAC to run the fan. Check my schematic. The interlock goes through a micro-switch under the cover of the PSU and another under the rear cover of the RF deck.

See my notes on the schematic about failures that can fry traces in the 28VDC section of the power supply. Also, there's a 4A slow blow in the surge protect circuit. It's inside the PSU. And there's a 1 ohm resistor in series with the 28VDC line that serves as a fuse for the 28V bus.

I have three vintages of 425s here. All have the main power switch on the RF deck (it's the bottom switch).

My schematic does NOT include details of the RF circuitry around the tubes (LPF at input, and the tank circuit), and there are variations from one vintage to another.

http://k9yc.com/Titan.pdf

73, Jim K9YC