Re: [Amps] Time to back up- SS and autotune

To: "'Amps group'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Time to back up- SS and autotune
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 07:21:47 -0500
Bill,

Correct as to what Don describes.  Also, the meter is damped but will still
show some movement.  An RF ammeter still shows a 22.5% increase in line
current with 100% symmetrical modulation.

As I recall, we paid just over USD $200K for the DX-50 in 1995.  Several
years ago, Harris (now GatesAIR) updated the DX-50 and is now sold as the
3DX-50.  A quick check shows pricing of about USD $180K.  A prior order was
placed for a DX-10 at our nighttime site at Baldwin, FL.  Baldwin is a six
tower array in a 3x3 arrangement that produces one huge lobe over
Jacksonville.

Paul, W9AC