Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@outlook.com>, "Amps group" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?
From: "Mark Bitterlich" <markbitterlich@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 20:28:09 -0500

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 04:48:03 -0500, K8RI wrote:

BTW cables and wiring used in aircraft MUST be crimped. No soldering is
allowed because of the high vibration environment.

Bill Turner replied:

Same with the marine environment.

Absolutely not true as regards aircraft. Crimping is done in most cases for expediency. I am not debating quality. I am saying that RF cables in aircraft are still using soldered on center pins for BNC, TNC, C, HN, N, connectors across the board on military aircraft in the United States, and also with many General Aviation aircraft. I have no experience with commercial carriers, so I will leave that to someone else to comment on.

Mark Bitterlich