[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 170, Issue 27

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 170, Issue 27
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:23:09 -0800
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:24:33 -0800
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 170, Issue 27

That makes sense, Jay.  it would, indeed, be effective for that application.

73, Jim K9YC

##  are u sure ?   After looking at ur cook book recipe, and other misc notes,
I still
cant fathom 2 turns inside the 6 x cores.... with one turn  external to the
cores... even with
what appears to be aprx 2 inch  spacing from the single external loop to the
core stack,
providing enough Z and RS  for that freq ?   I guessed  that  perhaps  3 turns
inside the core
stack and 2 external loops would have optimized the design a tad better.   But
I dont have the test
gear to evaluate it.    He didnt say whether type  31 or 43 used.   My guess is
type 43,   since its
a little less forgiving when it comes to heating.   I would want the RS to be
as  high as possible to
limit CM  current.... esp with serious qro being used.

Jim  VE7RF