Re: [Amps] Memories of Many 11 Meter Amps

To: "'Carl'" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>, <amps@contesting.com>, "'Roger \(K8RI\)'" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Memories of Many 11 Meter Amps
From: "David Gow" <d.gow@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 10:52:48 -0800
I bought a Galaxy 2000  when I first got my general  ticket.  It sat
gathering dust on the consignment shelf at the old Amateur Radio Supply in
Seattle and no wanted it so  I made a low ball offer and got it. It actually
worked great and burned out the resistor in my Heath Cantenna.  After the
factory tubes went soft I bought a set of ten  (sweep tubes were still cheap
then) from the local RCA distributor but  it never worked right again.  Some
tubes would run bright red, others no color.  I think WRL was gone by then
but I didn't know about matched tubes anyway.  I wish I had it now. It would
just look nice sitting on the shelf.

Dave W7VM