Re: [Amps] rich Richard - tiny antenna

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] rich Richard - tiny antenna
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 19:11:28 +0000

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:10:25 -0700, someone wrote:

>Get busy
>appliance ops, and build your own dream amp and save your hard earned
>money! Or if you must throw away money, buy an Alpha 9500

REPLY:

As someone who has done both homebrew and owning a 9500, I can assure
you that in terms of time and money spent, the 9500 is a far better
investment.

You can buy a good, used late production 9500 for about $5k, use it
for years and sell it for what you paid if not more.
Net cost of ownership = zero.

Compare that to homebrew. Even if you value your time spent as
nothing, you lose.

I grant you, homebrewing is a great experience but the discussion here
is about money.

73, Bill W6WRT