Re: [Amps] Entry level license

To: Chris Hays <chris@chrishays.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Entry level license
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:14:42 -0600
Very thoughtful and measured analysis, Chris. One of my issues is that
so many, possibly a majority, of new hams  have no real interest in in
the hobby but merely want transmitting privileges in connection with
public service activities, such as Search and Rescue.  Obviously,
these are worthwhile activities, and I don't mean at all to criticize
those participants. However those are different activities from
amateur radio. Those folks should probably be part of the FRS or
citizen band groups, rather than amateur radio.
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPhone