Re: [Amps] Emergency communication

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>, Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Emergency communication
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 20:15:49 +0000
   What is sad is that most ham transceivers draw way too much current in
receive.  Often as much as an Amp. A battery would last much longer if the
receive current drain on the battery was a tenth of that.

  In regards to CW. I have not been following this thread so pardon me if I
repeat something already said.

CW is allowed in the voice bands, with a very few exceptions.

  Years ago if you were in a voice QSO with someone and QSB or QRM was becoming
an issue you could reach for the key and send QSY to some other frequency or
band. This is no longer an option. Most operators would think that that CW
signal was someone else on the wrong frequency.

73

Bill wa4lav