Re: [Amps] Emergency communication

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Emergency communication
From: Catherine James <catherine.james@att.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:58:15 +0000 (UTC)
My K1 draws about 55 mA on receive and puts out 7 watts on transmit.  Of course
it's CW only. :-)

I may get a KX2 one of these days.  We'll see.

Going back to the topic of amps, I have seen very little discussion on
optimizing amps for emergency communications when little power is available.  I
can run my (very inefficient) 706 Mk2G with a 35 AH battery and a 100 watt
solar panel, though continuously.  If we designed something like a Class E amp
for 500 watts, what would be the minimum power source needed?  Something to
think about.

73,
Cathy
N5WVR