Re: [Amps] RF-KIT SS AMP

To: <amps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Herbert Schoenbohm" <herbert.schoenbohm@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF-KIT SS AMP
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 20:07:10 -0500
Power supply is included. It's in the bottom of the amp. A 50+ volt switcher.

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Herbert Schoenbohm
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:36 PM
To: amps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Interesting amplifier and the price is competitive.  What I don't see is
the power supply since to do 2.5 KW that would take a massive box with a
big transformer and filter. Maybe they stack a bunch of 48volt DC
switching supplies some where but that would take up a lot of space. Yet
the specs say it run on 12VDC.  That would be about 200 amps and wire
the size of your arm....someone please explain.

Herb, KV4FZ