Re: [Amps] SB220 step start blows fuses

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>, gudguyham@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 step start blows fuses
From: Warren Volz <warren@warrenvolz.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 20:52:40 -0600
I may shortly be looking to purchase a variac.

After building a dim bulb tester this weekend I have a minor update.

With 120V connected, the HV primary disconnected and one tube in a socket
(doesn’t matter which I use) the 100W bulb in my tester lights up bright. No
fan and the meter lights aren’t on. If I take out the tube the fan and meter
lights work. So I guess I have a shorted tube? Would it be good to double check
the DC/AC voltage on the filament supply with the tubes plugged in? That would
show any sags that might exist.

-Warren