Re: [Amps] Amplifier lifetime

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier lifetime
From: Mark Robinson <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 14:47:10 -0400
DX Engineering make this

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-tvsu-1b

I am using it on my TS930S since it used to cause a hot switching software trip on the Acom 1000.

Mark N1UK

On 05-Oct-17 11:53 PM, Bill Turner wrote:

One method I have heard of but never used myself is to key the
amplifier first and then have the amp key the transceiver. Simple
enough on key down but key up is a little more complicated. You need
some kind of logic box to unkey the transceiver first and then unkey
the amp, just the reverse of key down. Perhaps such boxes are
available on the market?  I haven't ever seen one.

73, Bill W6WRT