Re: [Amps] Henry 2K-3 amp restore

To: Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 2K-3 amp restore
From: Bob Darlington <rdarlington@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 10:03:11 -0700
I did clean the contacts as part of the troubleshooting process and used an
ohmmeter to make sure it was switching.  Figured there was a chance I
banged into it while working but don't think I did.  While testing, key
down, I gently pushed and tapped on it with a stick of G10 which is what
prompted me to clean the contacts.  I was watching the antenna analyzer
draw out the curve on the input side while doing this and could see ~ 2.0:1
SWR jumping up to infinity and back on 80.  I can't under any condition get
anything but infinite SWR on any other band setting.  Very strange.   I'll
get the deck pulled so I can get into the compartment under the tube
sockets and go from there.  I wonder if somehow the two parts of the band
select switch got out of sync.  I really can't see it from above for any
kind of testing so I'll have to pull the deck off the rest of the chassis.

Thank you,
Bob

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic@gmail.com