Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Won't Key

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Won't Key
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 17:07:01 -0800
On 11/22/2017 4:54 PM, Charlie Young wrote:
The two amps I repaired did not have Alphamax, so the software may be able to put it
into operate mode without the mode switch being in operate.   I don’t know.  No
experience with Alphamax.

All versions of the 87A require that you put it into Operate mode.

The manual for this amp is online in several places. Download it and study it.

Alphamax ONLY adds auto-tuning, but you must train the amp for your antennas for each segment of each band. And the amp gets unhappy with indicated SWR greater than about 2:1.

73, Jim K9YC