Re: [Amps] Henry 2k-4 HV inductor

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 2k-4 HV inductor
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:28:08 -0500
  Hi  Elliott W6EL L:

I recently purchased a Henry 2k-4 with a high-voltage fault. The fault has
been traced to the inductor, L201, which is located directly after the
bridge rectifier.

The value, according to the schematic (I have the same PDF that most of you
have, with K9ARZ's stamp on the cover) is 8 Henry, 700mA.

  What is wrong with the original choke?
Open, shorted or just leaky.

  If it is just Leakey you can move it to the negative terminal of the
rectifier and short out it's original connection.  That way there is
only a few Volts between the winding and the lamination.
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.