Re: [Amps] NXP 65V LDMOS 1K80H-1800W

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] NXP 65V LDMOS 1K80H-1800W
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 02:21:53 +0000

On Sun, 24 Dec 2017 20:09:57 -0600, kstover@ac0h.net wrote:

>I just looked at the price for a new matched pair of RF Parts 3-500ZG's.
>$400. A new Eimac 8877 will set you back $1399,

REPLY:

No need to buy Eimac. I have a Chinese Pride brand 8877 in my homebrew
amp, been there for four years of heavy RTTY contesting with almost no
problems. When it had about 100 hours on it, it arced once and blew
the AC mains fuses. No other damage. Replaced the fuses and it has had
hundreds of hours on it since. No complaints here.

If your budget it tight, 3-500Z's are the way to go.

73, Bill W6WRT