Re: [Amps] NXP 65V LDMOS 1K80H-1800W

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] NXP 65V LDMOS 1K80H-1800W
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 10:41:53 -0800
On 12/25/2017 7:02 AM, kstover@ac0h.net wrote:
Other than  that they've  ALL been SSPA's. The top of the
line SPE and the KPA1500 include auto-tuners. The one in the Elecraft is
exceptional.

How do you know that? As far as I know, Elecraft hasn't yet shipped production quantity of this amp, and only a handful are outside the factory. My neighbor, K6XX, an Elecraft production engineer, has been field testing one for a while. Yes, Elecraft has been building fine tuners for nearly 20 years, and the KAT500 tuner is quite good. I own two, and was a beta tester.

73, Jim K9YC