Re: [Amps] Life of tubes in ham service

To: "'Rob Atkinson'" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Life of tubes in ham service
From: "Leigh Turner" <invertech@frontierisp.net.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 08:57:08 +1030
Rob, I concur with your succinct sentiments here about transmitting tubes.

The only proviso I would make is the inclusion of a soft-start mechanism on
the filaments to bring them up slowly in a controlled manner at initial
switch-on; and ensure the filament voltage as measured at the socket pins is
tightly within manufacturer's specification.

73

Leigh
VK5KLT