Re: [Amps] Series C in amp output

To: "'Bill Turner'" <dezrat@outlook.com>, "'Amps group'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Series C in amp output
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 09:59:51 -0600
Since time began small chokes were placed across the amp output pi-net. I
don't know where the term got started but everyone seemed to call them
"safety chokes" in case of plate blocking failure but as Vic says a 125 Ma
choke isn't going to last long.
The real reason they are there is to keep the plate tune and load caps from
charging up to a high voltage and arcing from leakage thru the plate block
capacitor and or static charge from the antenna. The "safety" factor would
come into play if someone were to touch the antenna or antenna connection
when the capacitors were charged.

73
Gary  K4FMX