Re: [Amps] Amp for 444 mHz

To: k8ri@rogerhalstead.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp for 444 mHz
From: Jeff Dorsey via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 04:16:55 -0500
Thanks Roger.

I've downloaded the paper, which is relevant not just to this project, but to
our operations in general. At the time of the year when rains (and
thunderstorms) haven't quite started, the wind accumulates sufficient voltage
in the 80m dipole to cause an arc between the two sides of the PL-480,
repeating every 5 or 10 seconds. Quite painful, actually, until you know it's
there. And something that destroyed one of our antenna analyzers.

73,

Jeff

tz4am@aol.com