Re: [Amps] Amp for 444 mHz

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp for 444 mHz
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 13:07:50 -0500
 Jeff TZ4AM Dorsey wrote:

I've downloaded the paper, which is relevant not just to this project, but to
our operations in general. At the time of the year when rains (and
thunderstorms) haven't quite started, the wind accumulates sufficient voltage
in the 80m dipole to cause an arc between the two sides of the PL-480,
repeating every 5 or 10 seconds. Quite painful, actually, until you know it's
there. And something that destroyed one of our antenna analyzers.

I'm not Roger, but a RF choke coil between each conductor and your ground wire should take care of that problem.

  Many locals (government inspectors) in America do not permit any
equipment in elevator rooms other than the elevator mechanism, a safety
precaution.

  I've looked and I still do not know what a PL-480 connector is. ?
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.