[Amps] Centrifugal Blowers

To: Amps Group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Centrifugal Blowers
From: Byron Tatum <bjtatum1@att.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 15:03:24 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks Guys-    I appreciate all the suggestions on repairing my blowers. The
units I have are Kooltronics KBB47-5 with a motor #7162-0802. This motor is
3400 RPM at 60 Hz. I am looking for a lower speed motor as this blower is
excessively noisy and I can get by with less airflow in SSB/CW service. I need
to stay with my existing housings as I cannot find any replacements that have
same bolt hole pattern (2-5/8" square) or flange dimensions (3-1/4" square).
What happens to these motors if I reduce the voltage to slow them? Or, do they
work this way, in other words is the frequency of AC what should be varied? Say
I was to lower AC voltage to 60 or 70 VAC, will the motor be negatively
affected?Thanks,Byron W5FH