[Antennaware] Modeling a composite antenna

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] Modeling a composite antenna
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:07:24 -0400
A cylinder has NO focus, a parabola/paraboloid does.
If you construct what you have suggested, only the RF entering the
'reflector' along the line of the boom of the TH7 will be reflected back
to the AXIS of the cylinder .. and that is where you must place the
DRIVEN ELEMENT of the TH7.
A better arrangement might be to add additional reflectors to the TH7,
but that would be a mechanical nightmare, as they would be trapped and
placed at a distance equal to the DE/Ref distance of the TH7.
Don
N8DE