[Antennaware] Modeling a composite antenna

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] Modeling a composite antenna
From: alex@mail.sandlabs.com (Alex)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:56:38 -0400
I dare to differ, my friend. ANY curved surface will have at least one
focus. Now, I must agree that it will not be a focus _point_ but never the
less, energy will be concentrated, to some extent, in a small volume of
space.

In de case of a two dimensional cylindrical mirror surface - as the curtain
antenna- the focus area/volume will take the form of an elongated body with
the long axis vertical to the ground.

I agree that the reflector of the TH7 becomes superfluous but it does not do
any harm as the "foci" of the curtain is aimed to the driven element.

The aim of the antenna system, is not to have more gain but more F/B ratio,
As I live on the East Coast, it will cut the clutter coming from
the rest of the country. I have a feeling that if I increase the horizontal
cylindrical angle of the curtain to 180 degrees, it will
actually act as a shield against any transmission from behind. But this is
merely speculation at this time as I had not yet give it more
thought. And thank you for your reply :)

Alex