[Antennaware] Modeling a composite antenna

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] Modeling a composite antenna
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:21:31 -0400
Alex,
I am very familiar with 'sperical trigonometry' as well as many other
branches of Mathematics ... my degrees, BS & MA, are both in Math.
[Some say I have an ABD - 'all but dissertation' - didn't see any need
to spend $2500 for someone to call me 'doctor'].
I reiterate .. only a parabola/paraboloid will have a true focus .. [an
ellipse has two foci, but the unfortunate circumstance with an ellipse
is that rays must pass through one focus to meet at the other].
As I pointed out in my previous post, putting the TH7 at the 'focus' of
a curved-surface reflector requires placing the driven element in the
'focal position', and this would disable the reflector element of the
TH7 [unless it was within the surface of the 'new' reflector.
All this seems quite pointless to me, as the structure would NOT be
easily rotatable .. and, if you desire high gain in a single direction,
a STERBA curtain would serve much better, without the requirement of
multi-supports!
Don
N8DE