Re: [Antennaware] Testing the theory..

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>, "David Gould" <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Testing the theory..
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:59:03 -0500
Dave,

One rule of thumb for the distance considered to be in the "far field" is
roughly 10 times the height of the vertical, or the spacing of verticals in
an array. At this distance, there is essentially no difference in the
distance to the top and bottom of the antenna.

Your friend's house 1 mile away might provide the most repeatable test site,
since a test antenna can be fixed in place.

73, Gary,
K9AY