Re: [Antennaware] Testing the theory..

To: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>, <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Testing the theory..
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:43:02 -0400
Well, good.  Any idea where I might be able to dig up that document?
Or where to start?

I remember listening to WHO in Columbus, Ohio as an eleven-year old
with a 5 tube radio after everyone else asleep.  I got ahold of some
headphones and wired a switch on the dial light so the aydults would
have no clue.  I sent WHO a postcard and got a QSL card from them.
That was *before* I ever laid eyes on a ham rig.

Regardless, it begs the question from some posts back, because you can
bet that WHO had a really "hard" radial system.  The original question
had to do with *progression* of sky wave strength in synchronization
with improvement in ground wave as radials were added, going from few
to many.

I believe that what you quote establishes the validity of the model's
figures when sufficient radials are in place.  E.g., if you put down a
commercial quality radial field, it will follow the model.  Certainly
improves confidence in an assumption of synchronous progress, but
short of water-tight.  In any event, if one wants the performance,
then one does the radials

73,  Guy.