Re: [Antennaware] radials

To: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>, antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] radials
From: Billy Cox <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:42:40 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
To echo what Ed is saying ... check the QST review out
and if I recall, they mention how POOR the GAP performs
on the lowest band ... CQ "reviews" typically read as a
loose press release with very few objective numbers. Do
they 'work'? Yes ... but ...

Some sources that I suggest to buffet the false "hamlore":

Anything by W8JI ... www.w8ji.com is a good site to start.
Anything by ON4UN ... his DXing/Low Bands books are great
Anything by N7CL ... check TowerTalk archives for posts
Most ARRL Antenna books and texts ...

Bottom line with verticals?  There simpy is NO 'free lunch'.

73 de Billy, AA4NU