Re: [Antennaware] Modeling

To: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Modeling
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 13:59:15 -0500
On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 12:56 PM, DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com> wrote:

> Modeling of antennas? Design, build, it works as modeled.

I have all the scars and memories of wasted time that would prove
otherwise.  Take models as gospel, and it will get you sooner or
later.  Don't go investing any of my money in unverified models.

With respect to the behavior of RF in and around dirt, we only have
approximation methods. Certain persistent excellent anecdotal reports
in antennas simply does not come out in the models.

Measure, measure, measure, measure....

Verify, verify, verify, verify, verify....

Record, record, record, record, record.....

73, Guy.