Re: [Antennaware] Modding the 6M Cushcraft A505S?

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>, "antennaware@contesting.com" <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Modding the 6M Cushcraft A505S?
From: dan edwards <w5xz@att.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 00:51:26 +0000 (UTC)
great tips, Joe..
73, w5xz, dan

      From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
 To: antennaware@contesting.com
 Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:33 PM

If you want to split the difference between buying and building,
consider the W5WVO <http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/A50-5S_w5wvo.pdf>
or K9MU <http://www.k9mu.com/a50-5.html> modifications to the A50-5S.

Both versions lengthen the standard A50-5S boom - one to 16 feet, the
other to 17.5 feet - and adjust element length/position appropriately.
The modifications squeezes out about 1.25 dB more gain and greatly
improves the pattern/front to back.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV