Optimum call sign for CW?

Subject: Optimum call sign for CW?
From: pascoe@MathWorks.COM (pascoe@MathWorks.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 15 10:05:58 1993
I agree with Phil (K9HI).  I think MM as a suffix is great.  XX is
decent on CW as well......you get a dash on the beginning and end of
each suffix character.

All dits, even though it produces a shorter call, just doesn't produce
the same average output power.  This is nit picking, I know, but isn't
that what we're doing with this thread anyway?

Needless to say, many great contest scores have been produced with
less than optimal calls......I can't think of a bunch of examples
right offhand, but maybe some of you will come up with some.

I guess this business of optimal callsigns only really applies if
you're trying to get that last 2-3% that it takes to produce a truly
top score.

How about optimal callsigns on phone?  I've always liked KP2A and
VP2E......especially KP2A.  NP4A falls in the same class.....no real
need for phonetics MOST of the time....

-Dave KM3T
 km3t@mathworks.com