cw call signs - not N4BO

Subject: cw call signs - not N4BO
From: EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM (EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 15 09:52:20 1993
I suppose you think that I had something to do with this????

Eric - call (who knows?)
edwoods@pacbell.com

From: Jay Kesterson K0GU x6826 <jayk@hpxxx.fc.hp.com> (Jay Kesterson K0GU x6826)
Subject: Optimum call sign for CW?

>>Needless to say, many great contest scores have been produced with
>>less than optimal calls......I can't think of a bunch of examples
>>right offhand, but maybe some of you will come up with some.

I always thought W3LPL was a bit cumbersome on CW. That call has produced
a few good contest scores (HI).

> I can think of one highly non-optimal contest call that doesn't seem to
> slow down its owner too much.  WN4 something.
                                           __
Oh you mean that guy who always sends WN4K KN.

> I can never get all those
> K's and N's straight, but nobody else ever sends a call anything like that
> at 45 WPM, so it has to be Trey.

The first time I ever tried a semi serious CW contest effort was 1986
from V47A. I could copy calls at about 35 wpm tops. Someone called me at
about 45 wpm, all I copied was K, two dashes and a bunch of disjointed
dits. I sat there about two seconds totally blown away by the 45 wpm.
Then for some reason I still don't understand I sent K7SS 599KW. Which
brought the reply 599WA.....

Would be very hard to give up my present call after 17 years. Even
though I hate the G on phone.

73, Jay K0GU