SSB Sprint

Subject: SSB Sprint
From: KB5YVT@aol.com (KB5YVT@aol.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 16:26:36 1995
Tree writes:

<IT WAS REALLY SAD TO SEE THE CALLSIGN RULE SO CONSISTENTLY IGNORED.>

<There were also a couple of people who didn't know about the QSY rule.>

Well I am new...But,

More than a couple of times I was waiting to pounce so I could get 2 Q's and
as a QSO finished I tried but didn't make it and waited for the next to
finish and the guy who had left B-4 was back to work the next guy in line.
 Thats ok if he QSYed and made a Q between the two, but I started listening
and caught more than a few that should know better working the next guy and
their number sent was one more than the Q B-4.  Also about the callsign
sequence, I've told guys who have been in this thing for years about where
you give your call to make sure the next guy knows who's freq.  They didn't
have a clue and thought I was making it up!  I wouldn't know if N5RZ hadn't
elmered me B-4 my first Sprint.  Maybe some of these things should be
highlighted in the rules and all be advised to read them again.

C ya next time..
Mike KB5YVT (W5NN)