KT-34A

Subject: KT-34A
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 13:14:50 1996

>The last three antennas in this post are not fair comparisons to the
>KT34A/XA being only three element models.  Also the Fritzel from Germany is
>another choice with excellent characteristics and extremely well built.
>Available in 3 and 5 element Tri-Banders as well as a 5 element 6-Band
>version the FBDX-506.

Hiya, Jack --

   The original quiery was only about the KT34A, not the bigger XA version.
 With a 16 foot boom, it will play similarly to other tribanders of similar
boom length (since gain is a function of boom length.)  Also, the KLM has a
dual-driven element feed so only one driven element is being excited at one
time; hence, it is a '3 element tribander.'

   I'm sorry but I don't have any experience with the Fritzell antennas that
you mentioned.  I have seen the Sommer and was not impressed with its
complexity; is the Fritzell similar?  My personal opinion is that antennas
worth putting up are used by many contesters and that antennas not worth
putting up are not (i.e. lots of KT34XAs and TH7DXXs but very few Mosleys.)
  Let me know if I'm missing the boat on the Fritzell.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

     "Up The Tower"        now appears in CQ Contest magazine