KT-34A

Subject: KT-34A
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 15:10:07 1996

>Have you seen any comparisons between the C3 and the KT34XA. I certainly am
>inclined toward the C3 but don't want to sacrifice performance.

Hiya, Bill --

    About 10 or 15 years ago there was a pretty good comparison of a bunch of
multi-band antennas and they were ranked in 5-6 different categories.  Let me
know if you would like a copy of this comparison.  No one has done anything
similar since but it would be an interesting study now with new manufacturers
and designs.  Is anyone out there up for it?

   If you believe N6BT, Tom Schiller, of Force 12 (and his statements and
perspective do seem to be logical) then the F12 "multi-monobanders" (their
term) seem to have an edge over conventional trapped antennas.  In addition,
the comments from users seems to be uniformly favorable.  Anytime you design
an antenna (particularly for multi-bands), you make lots of design
compromises; add in trap problems and trap loss and you compound the problem.
 I had a KT34XA up myself for years and was very happy with it.  I've
installed but haven't used  F12 antennas personally.  Since gain is a
function of boom length, I would probably go with the biggest antenna I
could.  As far as efficiency, the C3 is worth checking out.

   I don't know if I helped you or not!

73,  Steve  K7LXC

     "Up The Tower"             now appears in CQ Contest magazine