[CQ-Contest] Re: Computer vs paper

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Computer vs paper
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Fri Jul 11 22:51:13 1997
<<SNIP>>
>I can type 60 WPM or so, but still resort to the keyer in parallel
>with CT output, at times -  if I screw up a call and have to
>correcting things on the screen lefty (guess this is the equivalent
>of sending with my left hand and writing with my right hand, as I did
>in the 70s)
>73 Barry
>--
>Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@itw.com
>Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club
The finest CW op I've ever seen is Mike Gibson, KH6ND.  Mike sets up
two paddles: one for the right hand and one for the left.  He calls
"CQ Test" with his right hand and if he gets an answer, he answers the
calling station with his left hand WHILE HE WRITES THE PERTINENT INFO
IN THE LOG WITH HIS RIGHT HAND... simultaneously!!!  There may be others
that can do that but Mike's the only one that I've seen do that without
the slightest hesitation as he runs them.

I understand he has now taken to computer logging.... but I believe he
still sets his two paddles up and uses them.  No wonder he won several
(8) ARRL WWDX Contests on CW!!!!

Rod, W5HVV

P.S.  I am very proud that I was Mike's Elmer.  But it was a case
of the student surpassing the professor in a VERY short time!!!!!

 -
 ---