[CQ-Contest] Re: Time Limits

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Time Limits
From: n8yys@juno.com (Roy S Maull)
Date: Mon Jul 21 17:23:09 1997
On Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:37:18 EDT n2dldave@juno.com (Dave Lemm) writes:
>Gentlemen,
>Can anyone tell me why the Single OP has time limits in a contest.
>If a contest runs for 48 hours then everyone should be allowed to use
>that time.  Not just 30 or 36 hours.
>I do not understand the reasoning behind this.
>I am glad to see the CQWW RTTY Contest has NO time limitations
>I think it is time for a change.
>What do you other Single Ops think??
>73 de Dave N2DL

  I agree.  Even though I may not work all the hours allowed for a
contest, it sure would be nice to have that option or to be able to
schedule my off hours to suit myself.
  I was informed by a local "big name" contester (who shall remain
nameless to protect the innocent) that it was the "old men" who write the
rules and are now not able to work the full contest hours that have put
the limit on single ops :-)  I don't hardly see how this can be true!!
  More seriously, it would seem that the time limit should be on the
multi-op stations to sort of handicap them and bring their scores more in
line with the single-op efforts.  But, no matter which way you look at
it, there really is no reason to limit the time that any participating
station is on the air.  Especially for a 12 or 24 hour contest.  Change
the rules, and let the records fall where they may.  Records were meant
to be broken.

  73..

73... Roy Maull
n8yys@juno.com