[CQ-Contest] Re: 2 rig class

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: 2 rig class
From: slazar19@sgi.net (Spike Lazar)
Date: Thu Nov 13 08:31:24 1997
At 01:57 PM 11/12/97 -0600, you wrote:

.....Much Selective Snipping

>Having spent over $20,000 to date on this equipment, I now find I
>"can't be competitive unless you have two rigs".
>
>There is no reason for me to engage in further contesting unless I
>have a fighting chance to be competitive.
>
>If we can't compete on any level playing ground, there is no
>reason to even try.
>
>In my opinion, unless some common sense and reasoning is applied to
>the rules so as to either place strict limitations on what each
>category

>Let's hope that some common sense will prevail.... and soon. I'd like
>to continue "competing" but if there is not even a remote chance of
>winning or at least being competitive,

  Without laboring on the content of this post, my advise to those
  who think the same way, since you feel that you cannot be competive,
  why not offer up your station to someone who feels they could
  be competitive.

  There are people on this reflector who appreciate the opportunity
  of competing and derive more satisfaction in just the challenge,
  than you may ever achieve by winning.

  Sincerely,
  dr. Bafoofnik,

Xstamper Page