[CQ-Contest] Re: 2 rig class

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: 2 rig class
From: daniels@mail.bna.bellsouth.net (Steve Daniel)
Date: Wed Nov 12 23:23:49 1997
Rod, I surely do not agree with you. Contesting today is not what is
was 15 or 20 years ago. It is much better. Just look at the
scores. 15-20 years from now today's scores will look just as
rediculous as do those of the 60's or 70's. That's the way of
things. I hope, however, you will not stop contesting. I disagree that
you should only compete if you have a chance to win. Win what? Your
state or division or country? No one in our part of the country is
ever going to win the US in a major DX contest. Not single or
multiops. It cannot be done. The fun, and I quote N4AR on this, is in
the competing. If people only entered/participated in tests they could
win, it wouldn't take an hour for all the participants to work each
other. Contesting is inherently unfair.  Someone always has something
you do not. I just forget about that, make my station the best it can
be, polish my skills and try to do a bit better each time out. That is
competition enough to keep me coming back!  Take care Rod. I always
enjoy reading your posts. They are always well thought out and well
written. 73, Steve, NN4T.