[CQ-Contest] Re: 2 rig class

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: 2 rig class
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Fri Nov 14 21:05:24 1997
Spike Lazar wrote:

>   There are people on this reflector who appreciate the opportunity
>   of competing and derive more satisfaction in just the challenge,
>   than you may ever achieve by winning.
>   Sincerely,
>   dr. Bafoofnik,

Hi Spike.  There are lots of way you can win without being Nr. 1.  I
always feel if I beat last years score, I'm a winner. I have a couple of
buddies I compete against, and if I beat them I'm a winner.  I have
managed to win a few ceritficates with really meager equipment.  I'm
running a FT-840, three element home brew 20 meter beam and wires.  I
have more fun just seeing what I can do with what I got then worrying
what some one else has got!!  73
Tom W7WHY