[CQ-Contest] Re: Meeting FCC RF Guidelines

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Meeting FCC RF Guidelines
From: nt5c@easy.com (John Warren)
Date: Tue Dec 30 02:04:17 1997
Rick KC5AJX wrote:

 |I can see the point of the regulations in the city (just barely)
 |but out here it is just a bunch of BS, and I'm not going to do
 |anything about it, FCC or not!!!  Heck they can't do the job they
 |have now much less try to enfore this new junk!

I don't imagine for a moment that the FCC has the manpower to go after any
of us without prompting, except perhaps in the most blatant cases. The real
problem is that the new regulations will provide one more wonderful weapon
with which local governments and the attornies of ignorant non-amateur
neighbors can bash us. Don't assume for one moment that they will have to
prove us guilty. To a non-technical judge or jury, addressed by equally
non-technical but very smooth lawyers, we will have to prove - at VAST
expense - that we are innocent. That's why I feel so bitter at the idiot,
meddling amateurs who so thoughtlessly heaped this mess upon us. They HAD
to be scientists - no engineer would have done it!!

John, NT5C.