[CQ-Contest] Re: Meeting FCC RF Guidelines

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Meeting FCC RF Guidelines
From: cshinn@connect.net (Charles D. Shinn)
Date: Tue Dec 30 03:30:22 1997
I would take a moment to dissagree with you John. Anyone that knows the
possible ramifications of close RF Fields on an individuals health would surely
know the pain and bitterness that taking an unforseen problem (who knows, it
could be as bad as cancer-but who was thinking about cancer in the 40's and
50's)and trying to correct it would cause. Then,knowing the rancor that would
come of it, persue the remedy anyway is
most assuredly a person of character and conviction.Ive seen
some of the narrowminded and mean spirited musings about this
when the amateur community first encountered the situation. It
takes a strong will and absolute faith in ones research to
withstand that barrage.On the matter of good health, I choose to err on the
side of conservatism.Ive given up smoking because its a health hazard; I dont
want to give up radio-I will take a simple precaution before it becomes a
health hazard.Thanks, Chuck W7MAP said that.