[CQ-Contest] "Worked Before" stupidities

Subject: [CQ-Contest] "Worked Before" stupidities
From: john.devoldere@innet.be (John Devoldere ON4UN)
Date: Mon Jan 5 20:34:18 1998
I get very excited when someone, be it on CW, Phone or RTTY comes back to
my calls and sends "Worked Before"... Well, If he would be in my log, I
would not call him! I know this has been discussed before, and most, after
having explained that "they" are not in "our" log, give me "another" report.

Some profer to argue for 5 minutes instead of giving a report which takes
10 seconds...

The worst experience I recall was this weekend in the ARRL RTTY Roundup
with CT4NH who flatly kept refusing to gives us a report, because "WKD
B4"... He and we must have lost at least 10 minutes in this thing, but he
refused to give us "another" report...

Are some people so "st..." that they don't understand that because someone
is in their log, it not neccesarily means that "they" are in "our" log...

I get excited everytime someone refuses "another" QSO.

When someone calls us who's already in our log, we just work him. That
fair, fast and smart. The computer program will indicate it as a dupe.
Everybody is happy.

73

John, ON4UN

*            John Devoldere, ON4UN, AA4OI, OT8T               *
*             e-mail: john.devoldere@innet.be                 *
*                address: Poelstraat 215                      *
*                         B9820 Merelbele                     *
*                         Belgium                             *
*                 mailing addres: P.O.Box 41                  *
*                                 B9000 Gent,                 *
*                                 Belgium                     *

*  PLEASE CALL US IN THE CONTESTS (ON4UN OR OT8T). THANK YOU! *