[CQ-Contest] "Worked Before" stupidities

Subject: [CQ-Contest] "Worked Before" stupidities
From: felipe@isla.net (Felipe Henandez)
Date: Tue Jan 6 13:42:54 1998
HNY to all,

 I guess I've been out of the list in the previous discussions of
WKDB4, Im in total favor of just work the guy and let the computer
figure it out. But that brings and interesting point to the situation:

1. Does it really help you in the score to work somebody when the
   station after the contest will remove dupes?

2. I know of many people that they will send the report and not log you
at all.

3. When the contest comitee reviews the log and finds those one way qsos
   do they take that one out?.

   a. Does the comitee confirms qsos via bin check or if times are
      different they will eliminate the qso?
   b. Do they understand that if Im in somebody's log that doesnt
mean        that they are in mine?

 I have many other Questions regarding this matter, that trouble me
 everytime that somebody tell's me, "worked before" and they are not in
 my log. Is it them? is it us? who screwed up?

 After writing this email I thing there are simple options.

 1. Do not remove dupes.
 2. convince the station to remove the first qso(one way)
    mark the qso as the good one and remove the original after the test.
 3. Be lazy and just think of at as a lost one.

 Finally I dont think of it as stupidities, since I would have to
consider myself stupid too, but as a serious matter that needs
attention, taking into consideration that lately, these encounters
 with simple problems are less common, since machines have so much to
 say in our hobby.

 73's

 Felipe Hernandez
 NP4Z