[CQ-Contest] WARC contests: DUH!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WARC contests: DUH!
From: DougKR2Q@aol.com (Doug KR2Q)
Date: Tue Jan 13 10:01:22 1998
Hi potential WARC Contesters:

It seems to me that if you want to establish a contest on 1 or more of the
WARC bands, all you have to do is DO IT and see how it goes!

I point to the Stew Perry 160 contest as a perfect example.  This
contest/event/activity is NOT sponsored by ARRL, CQ, DARC, RSGB, etc.  Some
guys got together and thought it would be a neat idea.  So the TRIED it.  I
note that in their last announcement, they said that (more or less) DEPENDING
ON PARTICIPATION LEVEL, they would figure out whether or not to continue
running/sponsoring it.  Gee how LOGICAL!

So cut the BS on both sides.  If someone is hot and heavy to try it...do it!
If nobody shows up, two things will happen: 1) you'll know it's not (yet?)
popoular and 2) the "no contest on WARC" guys will have NOTHING to complain
about, cuz there is will be MINIMAL impact due to MINIMAL activity.  If it's a
great success with lots of players, you know you have a winner.  And who can
argue with success except whiners!

NO CHARGE for my sage advice!  :-)

de Doug KR2Q
DougKR2Q@aol.com