[CQ-Contest] Carrying rig on airliner ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Carrying rig on airliner ?
From: rthorne@arn.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Thu Jan 15 07:04:10 1998
Trey makes a very good point.  When I left for N4ZC's in Charlotte the
security folks here in Amarillo wanted to see it work.  But I did not have
a powersupply as there was one waiting for me at Rog's.

Anyways I showed them my license which satisfied them.  In addition they
made a copy of the license for there records before letting me pass.

Trey Garlough wrote:

> In my experience the greatest risk (by far) with carrying your rig as
> hand-baggage is the "low bid" airport security people at the security
> checkpoints with the x-ray machines.  I always carry a copy of my
> radio license with me.  Because it's is an "official government
> document" complete with US government seals and stuff, I find that it
> is often effective in dazzling these people.

Richard Thorne - N5ZC (ex KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Amarillo, TX