[CQ-Contest] Carrying rig on airliner ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Carrying rig on airliner ?
From: mike@mallardcove.com (Mike Fatchett)
Date: Wed Jan 14 23:34:20 1998
I carried my Ft-1000MP with me.  I found a rolling carry on piece of luggage
that It just barely fit in.  The 850 is smaller so you should have an easier
time finding one that works.  The airlines seem to be cracking down on the
sizes so make sure yours is not too big.  You should be able to stow it
under your seat or above.  Just pack some clothes in with it and that should
be ok.

I would take proof of purchase.  I would also pack your power supply with
it.  I hope you have a small switching supply.  I have heard of security
making people show that the radio works, so you better be able to turn it
on.  This is similar to what you have to do with a computer.

I traveled to KP2 so I was not concerned with customs.  You may want to
check with customs if you are going outside the US.  Some places have some
hefty deposits you have to put up to get in.

Have a great trip!

Mike
W0MU