[CQ-Contest] Was that REALLY W9WI on 3.795???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Was that REALLY W9WI on 3.795???
From: KRAMIREZ@intermedia.com (Ramirez, Kenneth EXCH)
Date: Sun Jan 18 10:15:12 1998
 Can anyone confirm if it actually was W9WI on 3.795 transmitting an
endless CQ Contest loop right in the middle of the 75m DX Window. I
want to believe it was someone else who taped it and was just causing
trouble. If it was actually W9WI then it is a black eye for contesters
and contesting. I take contesting seriously when I am able to find the
time to do so.
Some of the actions and attitudes of a couple of the NAQPers in the DX
window last night was deplorable. I find myself increasingly on the
other side of the argument each time I tune around during some of the
contests. Some of you guys are digging a deeper grave for contesting
with the "the hell with everyone else" attitude. To all those who did
not know about the 3790-3800 75m DX window and quickly QSYed a hearty
THANK YOU from the rest of us with multiple ham radio interests. Thank
you for being considerate and good sports. Your calls will be looked
for in the future.
73 Ken N4UK