[CQ-Contest] ARRL and Logs, Again

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Logs, Again
From: jmlowman@ix.netcom.com (Jim Lowman)
Date: Fri Jan 30 15:12:05 1998
Richard Thorne wrote:

> My advice to the multi-tude is send the paper logs in.  The ARRL
> obviously cannot handle computers very well.

Don't count on it - they can lose those, as well.

They managed to lose the log for our club's Field Day entry in 1995.
Talk about a bunch of disappointed members.  The next year, I sent
the logs via certified mail, return receipt requested, and last year I used
the Internet.  No problem either time.

Not to say that it couldn't happen, even if you handed the entry to someone
in person, given the volume of mail, both electronic and snail, that arrives
at
ARRL HQ each day.

73 de Jim - AD6CW