[CQ-Contest] IARU Results

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU Results
From: rz3bw@com2com.ru (rz3bw)
Date: Thu Feb 12 11:48:05 1998
                            Hello, friends!
    I do agree with all the expressed opinions that the contest logs
of so high rating contest as IARU RADIOSPORT CHAMPIONSHIP must
be checked at least for mistypes or miswrites.
    Even people honestly making up to 140-190 QSO/hr during the whole
contest period using of "nobody-interested-to-work" European callsign
and ONE transmitter there should be mistakes with receiveng calls or
keying/writing them down to the log/computer. There must be a difference
between claimed score and judged score.
    I think that the only one sight at submitted log is enough for qualified
contest referee to understand what result is worth what.
    The one of the goals of our trip to Cyprus and operation in IARU contest
as H22A (do not mix with P3A) was to show that any cheating is dirt.
    I know many honest operators. I hope that their number are much more
than
"writers". For these folks contesting is part of their life. And what is
going on today is a real tragedy for them, sometime this part of their
life doesn't have sence anymore.
    I 've heard some rumors, that EU CHAMPIONSHIP contest losg are checking
very
strict and fair. If it is so I do want to participate in such a contest.
It is always wanted that your job has real point else there is one very
serious question:
    DOES IT REALLY NECESSARY TO AUDIT THE RESULTS OF
THE CONTEST WHERE LOGS ARE NOT CHECKING?

            73! Igor / RZ3BW / one of H22A / RS3A
                                        E-MAIL: rz3bw@com2com.ru